Looking for a delicious breakfast? Look no further. One of our Great Minds Community members, Chad Brinkman, shared this amazing recipe using our Great Minds Organics Non-GMO Black Beans
(Yes, it tastes as good as it looks)
1 cup Great Minds Organics Black Beans
1.5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes (quartered)
1/2 lb of Bacon
2 Poblano peppers (chopped)
1/2 Red onion (chopped)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
Salt & Pepper
4 Green Onions (diced)
1) Soak 1 cup of Great Minds Organics Black beans overnight. Drain and rinse.
2) Boil 1 quart of water. Add black beans. Cook until softened
3) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
4) In a cast iron skillet, cook 1/2 lb (or more) of bacon over medium heat.
5) Drain all but 1/4 cup of bacon grease from skillet
6) Add potatoes to skillet with bacon grease over medium heat
7) Cook covered until potatoes are browned and begin to soften (probably 25 minutes)
8) Remove potatoes and add chopped peppers and onions into the skillet
9) Cook until peppers and onions change color and begin to soften
10) Turn off heat. Add potatoes back in the skillet and stir.
11) Add black beans spreaded over the potato, peppers, onion mixture
12) Tear bacon into small pieces and add on top
13) Add shredded cheese on top
14) Crack 4 eggs evenly spread out over the top
15) Add a little more cheese
16) Place the skillet into the oven and cook 10 - 12 minutes, until eggs are cooked
17) Drizzle salsa and green onion on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Courtesy Chad Brinkman