We're excited to share our first recipe with these great ingredients! Non-GMO Black Bean Soup!
InstaPot Black Bean Soup
Recipe By: www.theveggiequeen.com
- 1 ½ cups dry black beans, soaked overnight or all day
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves or 2 tbsp fresh
- ½ - 2 tsp salt, to taste
- Soy yogurt or sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Drain the soaking liquid from the beans and set the beans aside
- Heat the oil in the Instant Pot by selecting [Saute]. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, and chipotle powder. Add the beans, broth, bay leaf, and oregano. Stir well.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Select [Soup/Broth] and cook for 7 minutes. When the 7 minutes is complete, let the pressure come down naturally.
- Carefully remove the lid, tilting it away from you.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- At this point, you can either mash the beans with a potato masher, use an immersion blender, or keep the soup as is.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with a dollop of soy yogurt or sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- ENJOY and please share your creations, tag us on social media @GreatMindsOrganics